Pensacola Paternity Lawyer

Establishing Legal Paternity for Child Support or Health Insurance Coverage

Often, it is important for families to legally establish who is the father of a child.

If a child’s paternity is established through legal proceedings, that child can claim financial benefits that may not otherwise be collected from the father. These benefits include child support, health insurance coverage, rights to Social Security benefits and inheritance.

Additionally, establishing paternity can also benefit fathers seeking parenting time with their children and participations in decisions that affect their children’s upbringing and education.

Establish Paternity for Fathers, Mothers and Stepfathers | DNA Test Attorney Serving Gulf Breeze, Pensacola And Northwest Florida

Craig A. Vigodsky, P.A., in Pensacola, Florida, assists clients in establishing the paternity of children and the rights that come with it.

For example, Craig A. Vigodsky helps mothers who need a non-legal father to pay child support, non-legal fathers who want to become more involved in their child’s life, stepfathers who want to become the legal father of a child, and parents looking to establish paternity. Regardless of your need, attorney Craig Vigodsky can help you establish paternity in any of the following ways:

  • Proof of marriage to the biological mother
  • Signed admission by the parent
  • DNA paternity test/parental test
  • Adoption
  • Establishment of a legal guardianship

In some cases, parents of either sex may have reasons for wanting to disprove the paternity of a child. For various reasons, a mother may not want a supposed father to be a part of her life or that of her child. A supposed father may not wish to bear the burden of child support for a child who is not his. Regardless of your situation, we can discuss your options for disproving paternity.

A Lawyer Who Can Help You | Craig Vigodsky in Pensacola, Florida

To consult with an experienced Pensacola paternity attorney, contact Craig A. Vigodsky, P.A., online or by calling (850) 912-8520.