Pensacola Divorce Modifications Lawyer
Modifying Divorce Orders – Changes in Circumstances
During the divorce process, it is common for a judge to set specific terms for child custody, child support or alimony orders. These orders typically take the current situations of all involved parties into account.
However, after a divorce, it is not unusual for a person’s personal and economic circumstances to change substantially. People gain and lose jobs, enter new relationships and/or remarry. Sometimes, these changing circumstances require a person to move to a new location in a different city or state.
Such changes can make it difficult, or even impossible, for a person to honor the terms of the judge’s original orders. Fortunately, Florida law permits people to seek modifications of court orders to reflect these changes in their lives.
For more than a decade, attorney Craig Vigodsky has represented clients throughout the Florida Panhandle in family law matters. He works to help clients obtain the modifications needed to accommodate certain altered circumstances. Craig Vigodsky also represents clients in challenging a modification request from another party.
When Can I Modify My Orders?
Attorney Assisting in Child Relocation in Gulf Breeze, Pensacola and Northwest Florida
Florida courts may grant modifications of orders in situations where:
- There are substantial, unanticipated changes in the affected party’s circumstances;
- The court agrees that the requested changes are in the child’s best interest.
These changes in your circumstances may include one or more of the following:
- You have changed jobs or lost a job, and you can no longer pay your original child support or alimony payment
- You are the primary caretaker of a child and require additional financial assistance
- Your child is diagnosed with an illness that requires additional care or support
- You need to enforce an existing child support, child custody or spousal support order because the other party is not complying
Call Craig Vigodsky to Discuss your Modification Needs
Craig Vigodsky understands that every client’s circumstances are different. Retain him, and he will thoroughly discuss your situation and advise you on your best course of action. As an experienced trial lawyer and negotiator, he can advocate for you using the strategies that best meet your needs.
For a free initial consultation with an experienced Pensacola divorce modifications attorney, contact Craig A. Vigodsky, P.A. You may also reach our law office online by email or by calling 850-912-8520.